View Single Post
Old 22-03-2024, 08:19 PM   #5
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The VF Commodore at 10

I bought one of the last VF's (2017 VF2 SSV Redline Manual) brand new in 2017 as a keeper... Will be 7 years old this year. Its been hugely reliable, apart from Servicing and tyres hasn't had a single issue in my ownership.

I cross shopped it with a slightly used FG-X XR8 and the VF2 is easily a much better package, its gen ahead of the FG-X and feels it. Runs rings around it from a handling point of view not to mention tech (standard sunroof, prox key/button start, heads up display, etc)... LS3 sounds better (and wicked from the factory) but in standard form the Miami is a better motor, which makes sense, its the motor from the GT.. Holden couldn't do the same (LSA) as HSV where still around and those motors where for them.

Looks are subjective, but my Redline looks heaps better from the front/front 3 qtr. The rear end is OK but I don't love the clear taillights (though not enough to replace with aftermarket). Holden Mylink (the Sync 3 Equivalent) is utter garbage though...

I fixed the Mylink thing by replacing not only the source unit (aftermarket 10inch unit with wireless carplay, etc) but also the BOSE stereo with a large custom stereo and have done some performance mods to approx 500hp ATW. Next up is 427 with Harrop blower once money allows.

On the FG-X, Ford did a DAMN good job on the XR8, considering that the only budget they really had was whatever change they could find behind the cushions on the tea room couch, whereas Holden had more of a budget on the VF2 which is why (in V8 form at least) its such a big step forward from VF1. I'll also concur with Franco regarding the V6 (both the 3.0 and the 3.6) being pretty garbage... Barra (non turbo and turbo) are a better thing...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: