View Single Post
Old 17-02-2023, 10:55 PM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: The Thailand Special Thread - New Developments/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Franco, they only needed sticker models to remain no1, up the ante as Ford have and they'll respond to the numbers, its always a financial decision to them.
As if they wouldn't have pulled a Hilux aside and looked at how the V6 will sit by now.
We'll see.
They've never done any innovation in the past 20 years (aside from the initial hybrids), see how they've all sat back and rested on their hands, then Ford comes out with the new Ranger that omits the fleet specials but puts in the effort with the profitable models.

Ford stepped up to the plate and smashed it out the park when they finally divorced themselves from the Mazda B series platform and come out with the PX Ranger (which Mazda themselves even jumped on board with rather than traditionally the other way around).

They've now stepped up to the plate again with the new Ranger.

Look at the current Toyota 86, thats a nugget car too, massive missed opportunity to come out with forced induction on the second generation, instead they do a naturally aspirated variation of the new WRX engine thats up 400cc in capacity - junk.

The 300 series, they introduce a new engine that's up 30KW/50NM and use an auto with another four gears.

They've completely shunned EVs and have taken a pretty serious gamble on backing ICE and hydrogen.

The only notable examples from Toyota putting in the effort have been the GR Yaris and the GR Corolla as they've started realising the loyal white goods customer doesn't buy many Toyotas when they're geriatrics and even less when they're dead, they need to attract a new generation of customer to the brand (see Millennials and Gen Z).

With the Hilux numbers being number 1, I'm curious on the numbers of private ownership vs corporate/fleet sales breakdowns.

While the Ranger has been playing second fiddle in sales numbers for years there's no doubt they've got much higher representation in higher profit private sales rather than low profit corporate/fleets that Toyota is the king of.

I'm no fan of the Thailand Special, especially at the current going rate, however I do recognise that the Ranger is the best of the bunch and has been since PX Ranger introduction.

Nor am I a fan of the typical Ford Australia 'customer service'.

Like you say, we'll see, I don't share your enthusiasm but I hope I'm wrong as competition is a good thing, which there's been a serious lack of in the Thailand Specials.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote