View Single Post
Old 10-11-2023, 10:44 AM   #8
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: Bumped into another car recently - need advice

I clipped the bumper of a 20 year old Range Rover Disco with my trailer while pulling into a parking spot. The impact pulled the bumper forward. New mounts would have fixed the situation but I was prepared to spring for a replacement bumper from the wreckers being fitted.

I spent 10 minutes going into shops looking for the owner. Found him, swapped details and told him to get a quote and I will get it fixed ASAP. He had no insurance. Obviously my fault, like you MrZ I hit a parked car.

Long story short;
>he dropped a quote for $4700 in my letter box, I said no
>his panel beater called me threatening legal action unless I supplied a claim number
>he came to my house when I was not home and yelled aggressively at my wife, "I want my money"
>I chose not to escalate the situation at my wife’s insistence and called the police
>police suggested I let insurance handle it
>I made a claim and let my insurance company know other driver was committing fraud.
>insurance company gave up after about a year of his bickering and paid him out.

I'm unsure what the moral to all this is but I'm still not over it and it was over ten years ago!

Maybe Karma caught up with the other driver?