View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 12:18 AM   #184
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
And JB Hifi/Good Guys have revenues about $11.5b, but if I walk in with my 6 or 12 or 18 month old dud TV they won't give me a new replacement out of stock. Or a refund.

That aside, if they had that kind of power, why aren't they doing it now? Why **** off customers by making them follow the manufacturer's warranty procedures? Surely it's far easier to just give a refund or replacement then to go through all this crap, which includes ****ing off the customer and reviews like this being posted online.

On the face of it, to me, it seems the manufacturer is setting the terms... Not the retailer. No matter how big they are.
... They do

I'm telling you as someone who worked in sales, as a supplier to Super Retail Group, BAPCOR and GPC Asia Pacific as my aftermarket customers, as well as OEMs like Kenworth/IVECO/Alstom et al.

GPC Asia Pacific has no fault warranty as part of Repco's terms where they don't even need to send goods back to a supplier they just lodge warranty claims on the supplier and then they honor it.

They are national accounts on contract pricing, they're not on a price matrix as per usual and they have special terms for you to get onto their supplier lists.

If you disappear off their supplier list then all of a sudden all their branches can no longer see or buy in your product.

Super Retail Group, BAPCOR and GPC Asia Pacific, all three will not pay suppliers on warranty claims and they won't return the stock to you either, they literally will not pay supplier invoices if they lodge warranty claims.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 04-07-2023 at 12:25 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote