View Single Post
Old 28-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #79
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: like the look of a fire extingisher in your car but think its to expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3911
Woa - calm down. I wasn't saying it was a good idea to have anything unsecured in your car at all - I was just saying that your statement that it is "illegal" is likely incorrect.

Also... the bottle of milk likely weighs double that of the extinguisher, it's a simply matter of mass when involved in an accident I was getting at - no need to get all violent about it.
Not being violent mate, just making a point.

A extinguisher in a plastic bracket is not approved for CAMS use, and as far as I am concerned for automotive use. Most work/company cars are fitted with extinguishers, always in metal brackets.

People will do stupid thing, like place heavy objects on parcel shelves (box speakers/first aid boxes etc), might not be illegal as such, but certainly not smart getting your head taken off by the first aid box sitting on the parcel shelf in a collision...

Now getting back to the important point, does anyone make brackets that will allow the extinguisher to be mounted in front of the driver/passenger seat in a B series Falcon so it is attached to the seat rails and moves with the seat, and does not require holes to be drilled in the floor of the car???
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote