View Single Post
Old 21-02-2023, 10:09 AM   #86
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: The Thailand Special Thread - New Developments/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Owning an older fleet on country roads.. Like any real truck, they weren't meant to be driven around empty. 1/2 loaded and above to GVM they ride fine.
Every component in them is overbuilt to a larger stronger design than Thai utes.
Old and new Cruisers are everywhere around my area, most farmers and horse people use them, there's usually a 2-3T gooseneck tray truck parked in the shed alongside.
Spot on, I'm no 70/79 Series fanboi thats for sure but they just like those pantec Jap trucks and similar are designed to operate with loads that typically smooths out the crap ride, unladen ride no diff to unladen Thai Specials.
Talking with my younger nephew (mid 20's) he's quoted his mates love the 79series for their use and I'm staggered at their cost a few own them.
(todays young felllas love the 4x4 trend like we loved the Falcon/Holden of old)

Not surprised by those Rams results, its also designed to "tow", the US versions there designed to work with trailers, with electric brakes yaddayadda normal US market needs.
Nice the 2500 has coil rear end.
The biggest handicap the Rams have to our market is the "price", joe average goes straight to the Thai Specials ofcourse warts and all.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: