View Single Post
Old 20-02-2023, 06:54 PM   #74
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: The Thailand Special Thread - New Developments/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Funny you say that, there is far more HWP and traffic camera's in NSW, average speed camera's, Phone detection camera's, sneaky cops on bikes, safety cam, varying speed limits on highways, weighbridges pulling in truck over 4.5t (not 8t like they are suppose to be.) Concrete panel highways that should be for building cladding. Overpriced rego authority who vowed rego would get cheaper when they deregulated the 3rd party insurance scheme years ago, now being 4 times the cost.

Living in both states I find NSW is far more over regulated.
No worries r, I guess we see things from our own experience and travels/locally.
Mine, hardy see a HWP, see some squad local ones now and then.
The traffic light/mobile cams now everyone knows of and I don't even know any friend or associate been nabbed.
Those parked speed cameras came around of late like Melb have had for as long as I can recall but have warning signs before/after, if your caught can only blame yourself not noticing.
The weighbridge checks etc obviously I'm not effected so know nothing there.
If I recall right they came along for so so many trucks light or heavy duty trucks we're POS due to neglect not being safe/road worthy by those types and I'm all for that but for sure the RMS would push the boundaries.
The other costs mentioned it is what it is when you live here, I have no worries paying thats Govs all over, positive is cars are road worthy unlike some States, what Gov ever gives back or replaces from one scheme to another.

Being you travel regional alot I'm not suprised you seeing more HWP etc, hey thats the cash cow.
I feel comfortable driving all over Sydney over the usual speed limits (10/15k easy even 20) whereas when I'm in Melb totally opposite going back 20yrs and more thats what I'm actually talking about.

Anyway sorry off topic.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: