View Single Post
Old 12-04-2024, 08:02 PM   #2998
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Used the Autoglym magma product twice now, and have mixed feelings about it.

Yesterday I used it exactly as directed. Washed the car first, removed most of the water and sprayed on the product. Left it the recommended time period - 5 minutes - then used a new sponge to once-over the surface, sprayed it and washed it again.

Very little changed in appearance. Still a yellow cast to the paint. Noticed a bunch of grit that washed out of the sponge though.

So tried it again today, the car was clean so de-dusted it using a lint removing towel, which went straight into the wash.

Sprayed it down more thoroughly with the magma, using most of the bottle. Left it longer this time, and the iron coming off the surface was noticeable on the side of the car and colouring the waste water when I sprayed it down, followed by another wash. I'm sure the neighbours are amused.

It IS cleaner but still looks slightly yellow. At this point I'm a little reluctant to be more aggressive as Hyundai paint has a reputation for being somewhat fragile.

Given the car is likely to start sharing the garage, I'm inclined to re-coat with Collinite and forget about trying to keep it pristinely white.

I'm also sure 99% of people wont notice the difference.

BA RTV.

Last edited by anobserver; 12-04-2024 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
anobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: