Thread: VFacts Feb 2024
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2024, 01:41 PM   #55
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: VFacts Feb 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I wonder what the cost differences are between say taking an off-the shelf and very highly regarded ZF 8 speed TC-auto vs the costs of developing this setup in house plus all the negative press.

I find it odd that Mazda thought it was OK to release these vehicles considering part of their aim with the new rwd-biased platform for it's CX-x0 models was to go upmarket in perception and obviously price. Ride quality and powertrain smoothness/quietness are just given requirements in this area.
Shades of a an originally good idea about bringing back multiple I-6 RWD vehicles
that’s been progressively scaled back because Euro brands didn’t launch as expected.

We’re possibly looking at a replacement for the CX-7 later this year and the CX-60 caught my eye
but honestly, all we need is the CX-8 and the location of the Cx-60 timing belt worries me.
The CX-60 reminds me of a misbegotten BMW with equally costly post warranty issues.
I can’t take the chance, so that’s a no from me.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: