View Single Post
Old 21-03-2024, 09:20 PM   #313
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Thailand Special Thread - New Developments/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'm not expecting them to eat into established models sales, but all these Chinese companies introducing utes, are all releasing the exact same thing and trying to compete in a saturated market segment but with very mediocre offerings - why come out with something 125KW/400NM, what is the point of difference to the market?

No ones come out with a turbo unleaded job as a point of difference, and no ones come out with a single cab Hilux workmate competitor, they're all trying to compete at the mid range dual cab where there's 400,000 options.

The only thing they are doing is trying to compete on price alone and even then they're not that enticing.

Its like going to the supermarket and looking at the white bread section, theres 500,000 options of white bread and the new one coming next week at option 500,001 I won't even notice.

My local IGA has an entire wall dedicated to white bread.
Yeah, probably the most under invested and mediocre vehicle segment.
The only thing that has changed in the last 20 years is exorbitant asking prices, and that also goes for the Chinese stuff at $50k plus.

Chinese should really shake it up by offering full EV at a decent price, and a petrol hybrid.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: