View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #1337
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I wouldnt point to anything that includes data from February to end of June 2020 as it is affected by Covid travel restrictions.

I just had a quick look at the first 2 pages of utes for sale on Gumtree in my state, I looked at utes less than 10yr old and omitted car based utes.
When I averaged the first 10 ads using age/km's travelled it was bang on 25,000km.
I looked at this as its an accurate depiction of real world use and not statistical analysis that includes stark outliers. These vehicles consisted of your soccer mum commuter to tradie bodied, and everything in between as this is what they are used for.
Thats real world, they didnt just decide to advertise the highest km utes today and these currently listed vehicles we're used throughout the entirety of Covid travel restrictions suggesting they would be higher if not for those restrictions.
I would be prepared to go out on a limb and say if you applied the same analysis on any given day the results would be similar.
doh I knew you'd point that out......
Its askew a little but generally its been known around 15thou k's overall.
Keep looking at utes k's won't give you the average indicater.
Maybe look at soccer mum suvs and the general public type cars, obviously work horse's more than not having higher k's.

and ofcourse covid may skew things some obviously.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 11-08-2022 at 03:35 PM.
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote