View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024, 11:18 PM   #47
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Re-Driven's Used Territory homage

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Having just upgraded to a bi turbo ua2 Everest I can no longer agree with that statement.

Having said that, driving experience is subjective so I accept others might still prefer the feeling of a Territory. I'm showing my age with the whole lack of care around the power and torque thing as well. I only need to keep up with traffic. Any car (within reason) will do that easily.

The 2.0/10sp combo is significantly better than the 2.7/6sp.
Very much so,

I don't particularly like how Thailand Special based vehicles stop/steer/turn/ride or go, but my daily is a tuned WZ Fiesta ST

I suggest the Barra SZ Territory for anyone looking for a first car, they've got some problems but you can get parts for them from the local milkbar, they're cheap to maintain at a cost of being a bit thirsty but at the end of the day when it comes to cars, fuel is the cheapest thing you buy for them. Service items cost SFA, and there's no skill issue at workshops in fixing or maintaining them, everyone has worked on a zillion Territorys.

One of the young kids I met at TAFE bought one on my advice, loved it, recently totalled it a few weeks ago, he's asking me for advice on another car and I've pointed him towards the SZ Territory again, found one with roof racks he can tie a ladder down to as a bonus

He's an apprentice electrician,

Basically:

- FG/FGII Falcon ute
- BF/BF MKIII Falcon wagon
- SZ Territory (bonus with roof racks if you can find one)

Are my suggestions for the TAFE kids and their first cars, the first is the MVP option for an apprentice, particularly EcoLPI ones around Melbourne but they generally have higher kilometers and are a bit halal in the budget these kids tend to have, so its harder to find a good one. There seems to be plenty of Barra SZ Territory around in povvo spec in their budgets, with low kilometers and good condition as its a bit undesirable being an unleaded SUV.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 27-03-2024 at 11:24 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: