View Single Post
Old 15-04-2024, 12:20 AM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Annoying Emails from “Speedmaster”

Who else gets these?

I don't recall buying anything off them in recent history (or maybe ever?), but for a number of months now, regular “What shipped this week” promotional emails are hitting my inbox.

Well, a chap from Broader Performance, an American small business building trans brakes for drag use C4 & C6 boxes, has put out a 20 minute video stating he’s been pirated by Speedmaster and showing a product that imitates his. He’s not really ranting, just talking about what’s happening. “It’s about just having a job, and a place in society” (~7:30) - simple words that so poignantly highlight how greed is unpicking these foundations of civility.

Summit Racing was unknowingly dragged into the fray, apparently unaware some parts they were selling from this company were complete forgeries (they reacted very quickly to acknowledge the issue and suspend sales of these items).
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: