View Single Post
Old 13-07-2016, 11:55 PM   #105
Claytopia

Default Re: Claytopia's XB GT Coupe restoration

Now I did warn you all that this thread wasn't going to be tearing ahead at a rate of knots didn't i? I've had more stuff to do around the house (yep more reno's YAY) But I am keen to get this car finished because I've got myself another coupe. Oh yeah boy but as you've already seen the pace I work at this one is probably a retirement project or like my Dad said "I'll be dead before you finish that one, Hurry up and finish this one".

This other one (dubbed the pink wreck) is just a boring old falcon 500, 6 cylinder (250) column shift auto, but it was painted in the highly desirable colour wild plum (also know as pink) but I can tell you right now that colour isn't staying. But its yet another one with parchment trim but one thing I can tell you is knowing how hard it is trying to source trim bits for my current one it wont be parchment, But I am getting off track, back onto the GT.

The GT's front end has now been sorted out which was a bit of an effort. The Chassis rails have been sorted out, a new inner panel that is the right length, the shockie tower has been sorted and its measured once twice three times oh baby I know oh owww its true... the radiator panel well I will get to that.

I'm really lucky because Matt has a few other coupes in the shop to check against (I counted 7 all up last time I was there), The best in the shop's chassis is 1.5mm out of square and the worst was 5mm out, with the average being around the 3mm mark.

He managed to get mine to 2.5mm and I started to ask him is he could see if he could get it perfect but before I could even get to it he cut me off and let me know that it wasn't going to happen, explaining in detail what he had done to get it that close

Well that's enough for this post; here are some pics

Claytopia is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: