View Single Post
Old 27-04-2024, 08:04 PM   #3007
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anobserver View Post
A quick review of a product recommendation.

Was going to try this on the I30, but got distracted with the rtv, so i tried small sections at a time on tbw Ute to see how it would go, over many days. (Its hardly left the garage this week... that will change next week when I start driving it to work).

Keeping in mind I polish by hand, I found it an excellent aid to surface decontamination. The paint surfaces are definitely cleaner smoother.

A machine polisher might help the aggression and maybe correct the colour as well.

Thanks to dfb for the product suggestion.

And next, I'll be looking at machine polishers, for sure....
Reflect is such a pure joy to use. Once the pad/applicator is primed, consumption is very minimal and the wipe off is butter smooth with no dusting!

It's only failing is a lack of ultimate correction, but then it is a finishing polish after all. However, on soft paint it can be quite effective. I used it to remove strange water spot stains from a Mazda, teamed with the intermediate blue ShineMate. So, a relatively soft compound teamed with a relatively firm pad. It removed all the stains and leveled off some minor marring.

So, what are you thinking with the polisher? Corded or battery? Entry level or all in?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote