View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 04:48 PM   #52
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Favorite Car Reviews

The fabulous VBH reviewing the less-fabulous looking updated F-Type..........I like the original the best. However, British Racing Green on "1970's brown leather" is the expert spec.

For me, the pre-facelift F-Type R Coupe with AWD would be my ultimate car for a few reasons -

- The perfect blend of proportions and the most gorgeous curves going. No car on sale now does this for me. Ian Callum was a master, nearly everything he designed I have adored.

- The engine, the engine, the engine. The growl they engineered into the exhaust (it's a big cat after all) and the whine of the supercharger. Having driven one, the thing doesn't let up, even at 240 kph it's still pulling hard!

- It's got a real, proper torque converter automatic. I know that might sound like a drawback, but to me this gearbox suits the car perfectly. Slushy around town and low speeds, snappy enough when the going gets loud. And eight speeds are just the right blend of shortness for snappy response, without the constant shifting like a 10-speed Mustang exhibits.

- You can actually use that engine because of that AWD system.

- Unlike VBH, I actually like Jaguar steering.

-I love the interior, plain and simple with REAL gauges. I don't care about "dated" infotainment.

I've been told the RWD supercharged V6 is the superior driver's car. When I drove the 4 cylinder, V6 and V8 back-to-back, while the V6 sounded good and went more than fast enough, I just didn't LOVE it. The AWD V8 felt more planted and gave me confidence to drive it harder, even on a damp, slippery Sandown track.

I still want one, perhaps I should be digging deeper and buying this instead of an S650.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: