View Single Post
Old 15-09-2023, 08:21 PM   #10
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Where Is the Best Place to Sell My Car

I'd stick with Carsales.

Couple of tips, lazy Carsales ads are a pet hate of mine.

- The pics you take are what will gets you the hits, so take some time to make them perfect. Don’t go overboard, 8 to 10 is all you need if they are quality.

- Don’t publish pics of random items on the car. So many I see are of things like the window switches, or a button on the dash. Why people do this is beyond me, all cars have switches and buttons!

- Don’t publish pics that are out of focus, taken in poor light, or of the car wet. Sounds obvious, but again, people seem to do this.

- Take (or use) a couple of pics of the front, couple of the rear, couple of the side and a couple of the interior. Take these in natural light, not in a garage or in bright sun. An empty carpark is ideal or against a solid background like a wall. You want the car to standout, not the stuff in the background. For the interior, I take these from behind the front seat, angling in from the rear door and aiming for a wide angle shot. Again, a neutral background helps the interior standout.

-DO take your crap out of the car before taking pics of the car.

- DO clean the car before taking picks of it, inside and out.

- If the engine bay is dusty, don’t bother taking photos of that, in the buyers eyes, it looks like you didn’t care for the car. If you do want to “clean” the engine bay, then give it a hose down at the car wash, don’t freak out, this can be done safely, just don’t go pointing the water in one spot for too long. Take it for a drive to dry, then take pics.

- Don’t solely rely on the generic/auto generated Carsales description of your car, I HATE these with a passion. I don’t know how many times I’ve read an ad for V8 Falcon as being “ideal for first car buyers”……….Lol! Sure, include it if you want, but prioritize some words of your own. You know the sort of thing………… “great car”, “well taken care of”, “full-service history”, "reluctant sale"………………basically it’s your chase to sell the car in your own words, convince someone why this is the car for them. The auto generated spiel is pointless and so impersonal, which makes your listing fade into the background.

Best of luck.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
18 users like this post: