View Single Post
Old 17-09-2023, 10:28 AM   #7
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Whats the current speculation for classic car prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG50T View Post
Many people believe a peak value of a car is what they’re worth - eg people still call XY P3’s $1m cars.
This is sort of the problem.
People make weird connections to this.
They think that a really bad shell of an xy 6cyl falcon 500 MUST be worth 20k because its the same thing in their mind.
Probably the most frustrating thing you always see with aussie muscle is the genius that blows apart a good car over a weekend, strips the paint off it with a grinder, then puts it outside for a year and loses/sells/breaks all the hard to get parts. Then they reckon theyve done you a favour by doing "most of the hard work". "Just needs floors" etc. And the good old "too many projects, dont have time" when its obvious they ran out of talent and cant work out how to put it back together.

Really makes me angry that.
Dont start it unless youve got the skills, time and space. And especially dont waste everyones time asking for anywhere near what you paid for it complete.

Further to that you cant "buy everything real cheap through rare spares". I got into a big argument with a fella with a project ranchero as it was missing its front nose chrome. You cant get it anywhere. He started to get snakey and arguing about it so i said if you send me a link and its available ill buy the car for asking price.
Then he blocked me.

This mainly only happens to aussie cars thankfully.

Last edited by Jack91; 17-09-2023 at 10:40 AM.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: