View Single Post
Old 17-12-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Prototype (?) LHD Avalon spotted, Princes Hwy 16.12

Hey guys, yesterday on the way to work I noticed in the distance what I thought was some sort of pimped out Lexus coupe.
I could see a big 'left hand drive sticker' on the rear screen, so I got in as close as I could and I noticed Toyota badges. Across the rear bootlid in big silver letters was the name A V A L O N. This thing looked hot. The styling was Mazda meets Chrysler meets Lexus with a touch (very little) of the current Camry. The styling was organic (like Toyota have gone with the Yaris) I'm pretty sure it was basically the 'next gen Camry' pictured in this thread-

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ghlight=avalon

Except it had different headlights and grille (which were extremely similar to the Chrysler Crossfire) and a different bootlid. The number plate insert was onthe rear bumper, which left the lid clean for a chunky Toyota badge, and the extremely large Avalon badge/s (which were very tasteful I thought). It was wearing nice looking 17" wheels as well.

I don't exactly what the deal iswith this thing, but if its the replacement for the Avalon its a damn nice looking one. I dont think it could take business away from Falcon and Commodore,but if its well equipped and powerful it could defintely join the Chrysler 300C in stomping the Statesman and Fairlane.

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote