View Single Post
Old 21-02-2023, 11:53 AM   #88
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: The Thailand Special Thread - New Developments/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Those fuel figures are through the roof across the board. What conditions are they getting those figures from and for how long distance?

Be good if they included a 79 in that test. Guaranteed the 79 be at the bottom of every stat.

Also, 3kN, does that equate to 3 tonne?
The fuel usage tests was a lap of the test track with the trailer dyno on set to 3kN on cruise control, I'm not sure what it's the equivalent of but it's a towing torture test designed to simulate a heavy load and my lord was it torture for everything sans Raptor, Wildtrack and the American utes.

The GWM Cannon and the Ssangyong Musso, their cruise control doesn't work when towing which was an absolute joke.

Then they did a 15% grade with a 2500kg trailer on the back and the Thailand Specials struggled, again except the Raptor and the Wildtrack.

Plus some they noticed the trailer was starting to push the back of the ute around at 2500kg.

I find it ironic that the vehicles which handled it all with ease aren't diesel engines. Excl the Jeep with it's junk V6.

The Raptor tore *** up the hill to the point it started trying to break the rears loose because of those absolute junk tyres. They should offer a no cost option for HTs I reckon, 90% of the people who own Raptors won't even see a dirt road.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 21-02-2023 at 12:00 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote