View Single Post
Old 22-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #61
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: like the look of a fire extingisher in your car but think its to expensive?

These things anrt the be all and end all, and the answer isnt to mount a 9kg one in your car either, this are great if you have a small electrical fire and the main fuse has blown so theres no more power creating the fire, or if the fule line lets go and the fuel has stoped (if the pumps still pumping 2 dozzen wont stop it).

Like I said before if its safe to do so these things are great, and if used properly (as most arnt) these things are quite efficiant on most small household, boating or automotive fires, before the firebrigade arrive. but if the user is going to stand back and spray as though they are pi$$ing on the fence there next to usless, if fuel is still being fed to the fire, there next to usless and if the electriacl system is still shorting there next to usless, so know your's and their limitations and use them as the safety device they are inteded and there fine

Once again, if its not safe and your not confident get every one out keep them away and wait for the guys in the bid trucks with the flashing lights on top

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote