View Single Post
Old 13-11-2022, 09:43 PM   #77
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Good value second hand cars - COVID times, Falcon/Commodore tax

Since the start of 2020, and of course just before COVID, I have been keeping an eye, looking for a XR6 Turbo ute. I preferably wanted a FG MK II or FG-X, but had my search set to include all variants from BA onwards.

At the start, there were 90 - 110 car up for sale at any given moment. Low milage, clean and unmodified examples of FG, FG MK II and FG-X ranged from $38,000 to $45,000.

I nearly jumped on an auto FG-X XR6 Turbo Ute in Aero blue, leather trim, hard lid and only 25,000 km on the clock for $42,000. Circumstances at the time meant I just couldn't commit. Then COVID hit and everything went nuts!

From mid 2020 onwards, the amount XR6T Utes for sale dropped to about 60 - 80 cars at any given moment, and prices went into the stratosphere. Those low km/original cars were suddenly a $50,000 - $65,000 proposition. Overmodified, untidy and downright dingy cars had people asking $40,000+

Over the last couple of months, I'm noticing more of these cars up for sale, hovering around the 90 - 100. Prices seem to be slowly dropping too.

I still kick myself for not getting that Aero blue example, it was absolutely perfect.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: