View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024, 09:03 PM   #485
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Default Re: Good value second hand cars - COVID times, Falcon/Commodore tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Isn’t the Guilietta the reliable Italian cause it was such a long running model?
How’s the driving position Walt? And is it a manual?
What’s it like for fuel use?
Not sure why it is reliable but the 1.4 MultiAir TURBO (Alfa / Fiat name for VVT) is in a lot of stuff including the MX5 based Fiat Spyder. Probably built millions of them.

1.4 T has good grunt! Only revs to 6,000 ish from memory and weird after the 5.0 Mustangs going to 7,500.

I think Giulietta ran from 2010 to late teens, maybe 2020 not sure. Just checked Wiki. They made 469,xyz of them!

Still gorgeous after 15 years.

Mine is Jan 2015, Sunroof, full red leather, electric seats, memory seats for 3 drivers, nice fat leather flat bottom steering wheel, 18” alloys, Brembos (they all seem to have Brembos not sure, 6 speed manual that is silky smooth like a Honda, great instrumentation, DRL’s and all the usual Sexy LED Tail lights etc all 4 auto down windows, TPMS, etc as well as usual 5 Star stuff.

Driving position perfect for me (183Cm - 95kg) and better if i remove my right sandal (that i live in) because typical Italians they want you to drive in Italian driving shoes. They also want you drinking tiny piccolo espresso not USA fat drinks.

It would suit much larger body frames then me. VERY ROOMY in all directions TOO.

I love it and think i will keep it. At least until my S650 GT Convertible arrives. If ever.

Giulietta is a fun gadget. Puts a smile on your face that Japanese and Koreans have only recently worked out with GR and N cars.

And I can park it anywhere no probs. No worries.

Fuel burn? Haven’t checked but seems good

Happy to answer questions at any time. I am in Qld. Quite a following of Italian mechs up here and can recommend Angelo at APF Geebung.

He also has the strangest Italian cars there at different times. I saw a mid 50’s Bambino STATION WAGON! It was awesome. Must have 10x 500’s getting full rotisserie restos and some other interesting stuff, Maserati, Alfa, FIAT, etc.

Doesn’t like SMS and prefers old school no rush phone calls. Up for a chat.

In Sydney there is a bloke named Rocco. Old Italian. Ask him about his POLICE work in Italy! Fascinating. Loves a chat, allow an hour. He wrecks everything Italian and has parts in his shed at Doonside. If the advert on eBay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc uses the term “ wreaking “ thats him.

Then there is Vlad in Brisbane. Always in a rush. Knows what bits to sell you depending on model/year. Has OEM bits cheap, and really knows these cars.

Vlad. Strange name for an Italian. Never been game to ask him but prob a Russian and BRATVA vibes.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote