View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024, 02:30 PM   #482
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Default Re: Good value second hand cars - COVID times, Falcon/Commodore tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I would not recommend an Italian car to anyone who cannot tune a musical implement. They will not be sufficiently “dialled in” to optimise its performance or forestall any mishaps.
Good point, hadn’t thought of that aspect. Some people are no good in an Alfa - or any Ital car.

Does your comment also apply to French cars? I just bought a nice 208GTi at auction interstate but haven’t driven it yet.

My first word was “Cutomline” apparently when pointing at a Cusso. Dad loved telling the story and I have been dialled in to cars ever since. When I built my ENDURANCE weight race car (separate thread) I wanted RWD, lots of grunt and lots of grip. LS (Thanks Profi) solved the shit Rotary seal issue and the only other FD RX-7 in the country that was as fast was a WTAC FD that had WTAC aero to do the dialling in.

I always wanted a bum dialled into the grip and it was a great time in my life.

Update on Giulietta: I love it more and more. Much easier to live with than any of my 12x S550’s. Last time I drove my MY23 GT I minor damaged the front bar at walking pace hitting a council rock garden that I didn’t see OVER long bonnet from drivers seat.

F@(k!g thing still in workshop because radar dislodged.

Must be getting old.

Last edited by Walt Kowalski; 27-03-2024 at 02:41 PM.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote