View Single Post
Old 16-02-2023, 02:34 PM   #12
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: The Thailand Special Thread - New Developments/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I wouldn't call anything Toyota does as 'class leading', they may have been 20 years ago but I don't think so now.

Given Toyota has been turning its nose up at EVs and has been doing more of the same for the past 20 years, I'm not sure its so clear cut and dry.

They're slowly making moves but I think when countries like NZ turn around and put huge *** taxes on diesel Thailand Specials it might be an indicator of things to come if they don't pull their finger out.
They are miles behind just about everyone. While the Ranger, Triton and Navara will all be launching PHEV's before Toyota even launch their new Hilux in 2025, they are years behind.

They are caught on the hop. While they pioneered hybrids, they sat on their hands in commercial vehicle applications. While others started work on EV's, they sat on their hands and expected hybrids to be good enough. Only now they are realizing they are years behind their opposition in this area too. So they rush one onto market and the wheels literally fall off the thing. Even now Subaru have had to put a stop sell on their version of it, and have stopped production cause guess what, the wheels are still falling off. You can't make this up.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: