View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 05:50 PM   #191
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The branch manager would be getting monitored on warranty claims as a KPI for their branches, and it's likely that the individual themselves is making a judgement call on you as an over the counter retail customer whether they look after you or not for the hit on the KPI.

We saw two examples here where someone was told Century is a pain in the *** for warranty and that Supercharge is no questions asked.

Then another person was told that Supercharge is a pain in the *** on warranty claims from another branch of the same store.

If you were spending $20,000/month with that branch, watch how they bend over backwards and magically the Century warranty problem suddenly isn't a problem.
If a battery did give up before say 3 year warranty, it would not be a new battery for nothing ? but to do with how many months old it is pro-rata ?

Many people think that the new car warranty like 10 years is nothing to pay if something needs doing. like a clutch or auto has to be reconditioned i am sure one does not get a new auto trans, if anything just set to last out the warranty.
Engine well i have seen a Holden red 6 cyl that was Holden reco that had 2 cyl bored out 60 tho number 3 and 4 cyl the rest were stock pistons.

A mate up the road claims No ! it will all be brand new parts he demands ! and nothing to pay at all ! what BS i said. you really believe 10 year warranty is open like that.

After saying that i know 2 mates who are lucky to get 2 years out of any car battery they have ever had, that's 40 years with every car they owned, why ? i think it's because they jump in and drive flat out from cold ? maybe battery do not like that ?

I have had cars that had radio on all day on the job site and no problems with good lasting for years.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote