View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 10:06 AM   #188
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
I doubt any retailer has that kind of clout. Maybe on the odd occasion, but not all the time. But it seems the failures aren't of the odd occasion where the manufacturer would wear the cost.

Say Autobarn swaps the battery or gives the customer a refund then sends off the "dud" one for inspection and the manufacturer goes "no fault found" then Autobarn has to suck up the loss. Do that a few times and Autobarn are no longer on the customers side, they will strictly follow manufacturers policy.

And there is no way known the manufacturer will replace/refund every battery Autobarn demands they do. They will just stop dealing with Autobarn.

Its interesting going back and reading some of the TSB's for the B-series. In one of them it specifically says:

It goes on to say here are new testing procedures that must be followed and if the rack is changed and found to be no fault found on return or proper procedure has not been followed the entire claim will be denied and rejected.

When retailers start loosing money they quickly stand up and listen.

Retailers do have the clout, more than what you think, many years ago I nearly got screwed over by LG until my retailer stepped in and forced a new replacement with a white goods purchase. The store owner could not believe what LG was trying to do to me.
You got to remember manufacturers need retailers to sell their products.
Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: