View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 12:40 AM   #186
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Then explain why aren't they doing it? Why are they treating customers the opposite of what you describe? They must have a cruel sense of humor to be doing this for ****s and giggles.

Interesting you say that, because of the things I've returned to Bunnings they just throw them in the bin and give me another one.

I've returned 3 things to them where the manufacturer has absolutely refused to honour the warranty. But Bunnings said "screw that" and threw the items in the bin in front of me and just gave me another one off the shelf.

I ask them if they are going to be getting warranty on stuff and they just say no, its not worth trying, too expensive, so they bin it and give me another. It's built into and accounted in their cost model.
The branch manager would be getting monitored on warranty claims as a KPI for their branches, and it's likely that the individual themselves is making a judgement call on you as an over the counter retail customer whether they look after you or not for the hit on the KPI.

We saw two examples here where someone was told Century is a pain in the *** for warranty and that Supercharge is no questions asked.

Then another person was told that Supercharge is a pain in the *** on warranty claims from another branch of the same store.

If you were spending $20,000/month with that branch, watch how they bend over backwards and magically the Century warranty problem suddenly isn't a problem.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote