View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 10:36 PM   #24
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Re-Driven's Used Territory homage

Been a massive love hate relationship for me with my 2010 SYII Ghia AWD Territory over the last 23 months.

They have a bad name for a reason but a lot of people stick up for them. I'll caveat this with the fact that I truly love my Territory, it is the best SUV I've driven. It's just so comfortable and is effortless on the highway. I worked out that with the petrol I spend around $400 extra on fuel a year vs the diesel. But the Barra is much nicer to drive, has zero reliability issues and I can service and replace things myself, petrol is almost always 40cents more where I fill up.

Now, my Terri has 150,000km now, it had 100,000km when I got it. Here is a list of what i've replaced in 50,000km. Not all the bushes were stuffed when I replaced though. All these things can be seen as maintenance issues.

Replaced all bushes, replaced shocks, replaced springs, new alternator, new power steering pump, new starter motor, new fuel pump, new tail gate hinges, new sway bar links, electrical gremlin that was the battery, drivers actuator, oil pressure sensor, New brakes all round, transmission selector cable, gear box mount, has broken down 3 times (two of them were the battery, other was power steering), I've definitely forgot some things.

I've got mates who have had Terri's and all these things are common, you only have to look at the Terri facebook page to see.

Know what I replaced on my ZH Outlander in 200,000km? Rear shocks, brakes and a clock spring, that's it. That car is at 310,000km now and still going strong, even the CVT is alive. It was a piece of crap to drive though. Still prefer the Terri, at the moment, because it's working.

Oh, fuel consumption, but I dont care.
Average speed 40km/h, 13.1 l/100km
Average speed 98km/h 9.2l/100km

There is absolutely nothing on the market sub 15k that will beat a Terri. I'll be getting a Prado next and this was an interim for that, but I won't be getting change out of 50k for a car that is no where near worth 35k over the Terri.

Last edited by fordomatic; 03-03-2024 at 10:45 PM.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: