View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 05:26 PM   #14
ToryMikey

Default Re: Re-Driven's Used Territory homage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Tend to agree that SYII is the pick. Interesting the comments on the EPAS steering, and on the CX5 which is still available in the same generation body plan. Company green policy with diesel that kills humans may be exactly what green policy aims might strive towards... (sinister music).

Excitedly booked test drive of new diesel AWD in 2011 (or early 2012) and left the test drive deciding to keep AWD SY, really didn't like the diesel and the lag on takeoff.

If there's one thing I can suggest from long, long term ownership it's 'don't change the rubber supension bushings for the hard nolathane ones'. It gives the car a different drive and it's not as nice. Even if you have to replace the rubber ones again, just do that, the car is much better with new rubber bushings. Have also been advised the harder bushings transmit shocks which may affect parts like the transmission, this was suprising but the source knew what he was talking about.
Agree regarding the bushings...brand new rubber is the way to go. Same with the Control Blade on Falcon sedan. I made the Nolathane mistake on the front suspension on my ute, still deciding if it's worth the cost to switch back to new rubber.

As for diesel vs Barra, might as well turn the national pride up to 11 because the Barra might be thirstier but it's a better drive and it's pennies to maintain and repair.
1997 BMW E36 318i manual - Alpine White
ToryMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: