View Single Post
Old 24-03-2021, 07:12 PM   #390
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Considering that you will be going with a Ceramic coating, washing and drying with a drying aid should be all that you would ever need to do. People often like to top Ceramic coatings, and while you certainly can, it is not needed save for perhaps a yearly topper (this varies from brand to brand so make sure you ask about it when you pick the car up).

Above, you mentioned Meg's Gold Class, I would say that is streets ahead of Autoglym's soap. I used it for years and I can say that it is one of the best readily available car wash soaps on the market. I also used Bowdens Snow Job regularly as bucket wash soap, it foams up beautifully in a bucket and can also be used to clean the wheels (in a separate bucket and wash mitt please).

A good soap, glass cleaner, 303 Aerospace to keep the interior plastic protected, a drying aid and tire dressing will keep the Escape looking great for years. As mentioned, Boss Gloss would be a great choice for a drying aid, however most "Quick Detailers" can be used for this task.

Hope that helps.
Thanks very much.

I was banking on the escape being fairly low maintenance so most of my time would still be directed towards the Territory. I assume given its 9 years old the boss gloss type products would still work ok? The paint still looks pretty good after a wash and water beads every time it gets wet. Just saying it doesn't look like it's been neglected at all. It's a big car and not sure I'll ever find the time to give it the full treatment so for now I'll just take a couple of little steps...

I like reading about it but don't have the patience to spend all day, or even half a day cleaning a car