View Single Post
Old 29-06-2022, 02:36 PM   #8
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but could not see anywhere else to put this.

Question is : Has anyone had issues with Century Batteries lately?

That ^^^^^ is the question if you do not want to read the whole back story I have below.

Short answer: Yeah, I was thinking about this recently when I had to replace two batteries (in two different cars) within a week of each other.

I initially bought Century batteries on the advice of a ethnic furniture salesman.

The first couple I bought (FG MKII and AU ute) were really good. I don't know if they are still working as I no longer have those cars.

Over the last 4 years or so, I have bought Century batteries for the 3 AUs that I have.

The one in the XR8 lasted just on 3 years. I can't be too critical of it as it is not a daily driver and don't have a charger for it.

The one in the XR6 ute lasted about the same time though. While the car is not daily driven, it is used at least once a week.

The one in the wagon has been in there for about 2 years and is starting to get a little lazy particularly at 4am on a cold morning. This car is the daily and does about 30,000k a year.

Just thinking out loud - is quality suffering so that supercheap can keep selling them at a price?
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: