View Single Post
Old 12-02-2024, 07:55 PM   #86
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australian fuel efficiency standards aimed at cutting petrol bills, 'catching up' with US

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Why do we keep quoting UK and US people for their questionable motivated videos to be some kind of gospel.

Literally everyone I know who has gone EV hasn't looked back. There will always be outliers and those looking for clicks.

If the video said why "I'm never going to back to a ICE" vs "why I'm ditching my EV", which would get more clicks?

That video was just an Ad for Range Rover.
It actually included a discussion on how the EV market and used market is going there, tried to explain private buyer reluctance, noted the influence of depreciation and insurance on used prices, noted the view of the trade on used EVs - and then at the end posted suggestions on how to overcome this and increase EV takeup.

It concluded to do this similar efficiency standards would be needed as done before by legislation on diesel and petrol, these efficiency standards being standardised electricity consumption data (it noted Tesla as most efficient); and it pointed out legislation and business claims have led to the development of many expensive, performance EVs which are different to the simple, smaller and affordable a private used market wants - hence not many bids, hence horror depreciation.

One other good point was that in future, for the trade and wholesalers/used dealers to be happy to take EVs as stock, displaying their battery health using a standardised method, clearly on the vehicles at the yard will be a prerequisite to overcome used buyer reluctance.

There was a lot more to it than the new, diesel RRS.