View Single Post
Old 14-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #12
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by $AUDude
Hey guys, My girlfriend is looking at buying a mid-90's MX6. We had a look at one today and they seem to be a nice car. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these cars, as reviews on them seem to be limited. Opinions welcome too. Would also be interested in Quarter Mile Time and 0 - 100 time (stock) if anyone knows and also how they would stack up against a stock family car (eg AU falcon). Any help would be much appreciated...
Had one of these as a work car prior to 2000.

Was used around Sydney a lot and back and fourth to the Central Coast here in NSW. Unlike a 94VR SS Series 2, the MX 6 and indeed a work 94 Prelude both could be driven at top speed without mechanical drama! Typically I recall 218 - 220kmh for the MX6.

Three times the damned SS left one stranded in the outback, piece of pottage! This one was an auto 4sp - don't blame me, wasn't my choice.

The MX 6 motor had a nice sound, and powerful acceleration, it's finish fine.

This MX 6 unit had full leather option, and at the time on-road - came in at $57K, a scary amount over the rest, nutty pricing.

It's suspension as standard sat relatively low, enabling the taking of corners quite nicely.

DO ensure you get, if they are still available - headlight and front fog protectors. Nose chips.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote