View Single Post
Old 15-05-2024, 11:27 PM   #14
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: mechanics refuse work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I would have done the same. I mean, if someone left such a thing in a vehicle, then expected someone else to remove it because of their own stupidity, then I think charging for such a thing would be justifiable. Nuisance charge is what its called.

Yeah, I'm no fun at all, but how disgusting.
Its a bit gross, I wouldn't expect any of my crew to touch that stuff, I'm up for having a laugh with it but I wouldn't make or expect anyone else touch it. Justified on the charge I reckon and handing the car back, I reckon customer would be mortified

Before cars go into workshop, its awfully nice if we're not digging through your car full of personal artifacts to fix things or find stuff, particularly boot is a good one.

I've seen some weird and wonderful stuff in customers cars, probably most notable thing was a rifle - which I imagine is a big no-no for people with firearms licences.

We had an incident with female underwear, that one of the guys ended up putting on his head in the middle of the workshop

They called a meeting and management cracked the shits over it big time because customers could see into the workshop and we've got one of the lads with customers underwear over his face.

By the end of it, got to the point where we couldn't even have Zoo magazines in our lunch room (who remembers those?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Where is this mechanic, I want to use them, $65 an hour in 2019. Here in Canberra average price is $160 an hour.
The guy doing the work is probably on $30/hour, the rest is covering overheads, rent is a killer on workshops - $160/hour is pretty fair I reckon, with commercial leases you're also responsible for all the landlords outgoings too like rates and all sorts of stuff.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 15-05-2024 at 11:35 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: