View Single Post
Old 08-03-2024, 10:27 AM   #142
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Australian fuel efficiency standards aimed at cutting petrol bills, 'catching up' with US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Again, car manufacturers aren't making specific models for Australia and Russia, it's simply a case that they can delete items (like adblue, or the petrol DI turbo engine in the Ranger/Everest) and accommodate the engine calibration accordingly. Pretending the vehicles come down different production lines is a lie.

It would be of little pricing consequence to ad adblue and have a DI Petrol turbo engine to the Ranger/Everest line up. Indeed the petrol turbo would probably be a cheaper option than the V6 diesel. Why Ford don't offer the petrol turbo in Ranger/Everest is disappointing.
I don't think anyone suggested they came down different lines. It's that the specification is more relaxed for Australia making them more polluting.

You're right that these are small cost items to add but that's the point, that they don't add these items for Australia to save money because of relaxed standards.

I called out only Ford here but a lot of others do the same. Quicker we get proper standards the quicker we'll see manufacturers produce cleaner models for our market.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: