View Single Post
Old 07-03-2024, 11:33 PM   #139
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australian fuel efficiency standards aimed at cutting petrol bills, 'catching up' with US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Standard operating procedure for these people - you know how it is.

There's a massive undercurrent of salty pricks about American utes around inner Melbourne, and its just because everyone is upset about others having the sort of coin to throw around on epic purchases like that, so they want them banned.

They're using the 'safety' aspect, with the green aspect on the tail end of the argument, but its not the agenda, its just the padding around the shit sandwich covered in sprinkles they want you to eat.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Melbourne councils specifically target large SUVs/Thailand Specials/American utes in disincentive programs because it will generally only effect people outside of their rate payers.

They have nothing to lose discriminating against people who live outside their LGAs who may own these vehicles, and only something to gain in the form of popularity with their electorate, if you live within 5KM radius of Melbourne CBD you won't usually own a Ranger, or a RAM.

Albanese denies Thai's PM raised our vehicle emission regulations at the recent ASEAN meeting, but the Thai PM said it was raised. It wouldn't surprise me Albo lied, his track record is lying. Another lie from Albo is vehicle manufacturers specifically make cars for Australian and Russian markets. Phttt. As if.

With the exception of the inner city Greens and some green Labor supporters, plus the TEALS, most Australian's will wake up to the agenda the ALP is pursuing. Ensuring Albo is a one term government will put the brakes on this ridiculous pursuit and give industry and consumers time to adjust to new emission standards.

In the meanwhile government could mandate minimum fuel standards similar to that of Europe, increase ethanol in fuels and mandate annual vehicle inspections to get the dodgy piles of junk off the road. WA does not have annual RWC's.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...ds-2024-03-06/
4 users like this post: