View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 12:46 PM   #34
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: travel to Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
OBVIOUSLY YOU'VE NEVER BIN TO YAP-HOON
Correct, I haven't. Without derailing the thread, here's my thought process behind Hervey Bay:
  • 3.5 hours drive to Brisbane CBD. I'm getting older and not too unreasonable to think I may need more medical services as the years progress. 3.5 hours each way is manageable (about the same as what I do now to Melbourne CBD).
  • I will most likely only be working part time, and would like to get into low-needs NDIS support work. The population size is about right to have NDIS client availability
  • I can afford a decent place there
  • It is serviced by an airport that provides flights to Brisbane, Sydney and shortly Melbourne, I believe.
  • It has a much more palatable clime for me than south-east Vicco!

So, on paper at least, it looks ideal. That's why a visit is important. Gotta check it out in persaon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
HV to McK try 10 hrs, same to Cairns 'cos Qld roads
My times were according to google, which I have found to be on the conservatove side. But I'll take your first-hand experience on board and allow a little extra time just to be sure. Thanks, Cav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
We normally stay at the colonial motor inn. Nothing fancy, just a bed for the night. Last motel before leaving town when heading south.

Stayed at a couple of places at Goondiwindi as well. The country roads motel next to the maccas on the main hwy is pretty nice.
Did look at the Colonial. What I like about the Palms is that it is off the highway. I'm a light sleeper and truck noise wakes me up. Also has a slightly better review rating than the Colonial, but I do take those reviews with a grain of salt.

Staying at The Townhouse in Goondi. Again, off the highway (altho on the main street) so hoping it is relatively quiet.

As you say, place doesn't need to be fancy, just a comfortable place to lay the head down overnight and get a quick swim in after a day on the road.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: