View Single Post
Old 25-02-2024, 07:56 PM   #284
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Image Collection

In 2007, Ford added the Fiesta XR4 to the lineup. In European markets, this model was known as the Fiesta ST, but Ford Australia decided to use the XR model name to tie in with the rest of the Ford lineup, it also being used on performance orientated Focus and Mondeo, and of course the Falcon.

These cars drove waaay beyond the humble beginnings would suggest. With a specific suspension tune and 17-inch wheels, the Fiesta XR4 was a true hot hatch. The engine was a worked over 2.0-litre from the Focus, in this application producing 110 kW at 6000 rpm and 190 Nm at 4500 rpm. The Fiesta XR4 wasn't the most powerful in the segment, but it was arguably the most rewarding to drive hard. The only transmission offered was a 5-speed manual. Ford also fitted rear disks to this model, replacing the drums used on the rest of the range.

While many would have sneered at racing stripes on a 4-cylinder hatchback, I think it was so audacious that it actually worked! I also loved the bold headlight design on the WQ Fiesta, and the colour they injected into the interior. I would have happily had one in blue with the white stripes and blue interior.

I loved this blue interior, from memory, they did it in red too.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: