View Single Post
Old 18-02-2024, 11:25 PM   #5616
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Last Sunday evening at 8pm, I was forwarded a message from a neurotic client (I'm the subcontractor on this job), complaining that two shrubs were poking through the fence at one of the commercial properties I maintain on a fortnightly basis. Because I was there earlier in the day, he was advised that it would addressed at the next visit in two weeks.

Tonight, Sunday evening at 8pm, 7 days later, the guy complains that the shrubs hadn't been trimmed yet.

How is it that two shrubs, poking about 10cm out of a vertical rail fence, are such a concern that it warrants contacting a tradesman on a Sunday evening about. Twice! Two shrubs that are not impeding foot path traffic, are not a health and safety hazard, are not blocking a view. This is a garden that lines the carpark and surrounds the building used by a local medical "professional".

This is the same customer, one with considerable wealth and assets, who decided paying me 2 to 3 hours a month to maintain this garden was too greedy. He discontinued the service, only to end up having me come back when the place went to sh.t. Guess what, there is more to garden maintenance than spraying weeds with roundup.

I'm in two minds, ignore the idiot and turn up next week as planned. Or, go there tomorrow, out of my way, and butcher the two shrubs to oblivion and then wait for the complaints about it looking crap.

The older I get, the more I realise humans over complicate things so bloody much. In this case, its two measly shrubs that are absolutely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Now, I could say that I do the same overcomplication with detailing or lawn mowers. The difference is, I'm not pestering others in the process. I would suggest this guy finds a hobby, but then he would probably outsource that too.
I would go there on a Sunday, trim the bush then charge call out fee, charge an exorbitant rate for it being a Sunday and being urgently required by (insert name here) and send the bill also CC'ing him by return message with payment required by the close of business Monday due to it being out of your contract hours .
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: