View Single Post
Old 18-02-2024, 04:32 PM   #6051
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I find these stores can give the kids a good kick start in business management, my daughter and one of my grandchildren benefitted from this while studying at university, both got manager cadetships, sure the wages can be low at first; but you got to start from somewhere.
Funny you say that, i was telling my son if he gets an offer for management training, take it. To be fair that will be a long ways away as he is only new to the job and only 14, but i know enough people who started as shit kickers who say that the manager training courses provided at places like maccas are a very good stepping stone for career advancment. I also gave him the advice to show initiative, as in if you have nothing to do, ask for something to do, as opposed to getting told off for not doing anything. And if you don't fully understand instruction, dont feel like an idiot to ask for a better explaination. From the other side of that, there is nothing worse the having (in my case) an apprentice say yep yep yep then after a while checking up on them and they have created more work as they were too afraid to look silly by asking further questions. Im not one to belittle people, and you do not get answers to questions you dont ask.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: