View Single Post
Old 10-02-2024, 04:18 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Beaurepaires Going, going……

Quote:
Originally Posted by XP6 View Post
The local mob here changed about 12mths ago to GoodYear Tyre center.
Wasnt happy with them last week though, got new treads for my workvan when I booked it in I asked for a wheel alignment and to check out the front end as she's all over the road.
Dropped it off and got told didnt have time to do the wheel alignment come back another day... yeah great I postponed jobs that day for that reason and now have to do it again.
But thats not the worst of it, I said keep it locked as there's a good $15k of tools in it came back to pick up and found my van located the furthest park at the side where they cant see it pretty much on the footpath(store is located on a corner) and you guessed it $%^&*(( unlocked
Usually what happens is you say all this stuff to the service counter and then nothing gets passed onto workshop, they collect their job card and away they go

What I do is include a printed copy of my email and leave with whatever goods I'm providing, that way they see it.

Something that the automotive industry does not do well is customer service, at all.

One of my colleagues is going to a new workshop in Wallan and they take photos of everything they find so that you can see what is being done/has been done on the invoice, I thought that was fantastic.

Previous workshop was charging him for things that weren't being done, like wear sensors on brake pads and a cabin filter that never got changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToryMikey View Post
I mean, that's what we have now with Repco and Bapcor (who are too bloody proud to even put a price for the parts on their website).

But then again, I live in a town with three tyre fitters, all independently owned (one under the Tyrepower banner), all seem to be doing well?
Pretty much but it'll get even worse, its not getting better.

Went into Burson Campbellfield and I had to tell them the coolant for a VF Commodore. I'm also noticing a big shift of the BAPCOR stores to having their own brand products on the shelves and limited name brand stuff.

Or they'll carry very limited stock of other companies products - they're removing choice and forcing you to buy their stuff.

Imagine if you went to Beaurepaires, and they had the branch stocked up with mostly Beaurepaires branded tyres and like 4 Michelin tyres.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 10-02-2024 at 04:27 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: