View Single Post
Old 06-02-2024, 08:22 PM   #29
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Australian fuel efficiency standards aimed at cutting petrol bills, 'catching up' with US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
This is a really good point. It's the end of an era and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel to find interest in many new cars for sale. Perhaps Cuba is right?!

Edit: just had a great conversation with the Mrs. She says, in that case, she will upgrade to a Valiant AP5, as she's always loved them. Done.

For me, I've been wondering what to upgrade to for some time, and next to nothing new has appealed, so this is like a weight off the mind. No going to a dealer and looking around inside & all that experience... I can upgrade to whatever I like from whatever era I like. I'm thinking a RR Classic with the 3.9V8, so much character in that chassis - and so much capability. Maybe add an XW wagon to the fleet, or an HR Prem. Some of those are going for new car money, ha. More recently I like last petrol AWD Territories, and VF Calais wagon.

Time to stockpile XG vans for the business lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnmpEeJ16fk
As much as I'm a Ford fan, the VF2 is a bloody good car. A lot of the features would keep it current even today.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: