View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 08:48 PM   #76
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: DFB's Image Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
In response to slow sales and criticism of it looking too similar to a Falcon, Ford launched the BA MK II Fairlane and LTD in March 2004, predating the BA MK II Falcon by seven months. This small update centered around differentiating the LWB cars from the Falcon without spending too much money.

On outside, Fairlane and LTD got an accent colour on the side skirts and lower bumpers, along with chrome mirror caps. The G220 got new 9-spoke wheels with a fully enveloped centre cap, Fairlane also got the full centre cap. All models got chrome trimmed side protection mouldings, Fairlane and G220 got new badges. There was also a new smooth rather than textured chrome rear applique under the tail lamps/boot.

The interior got a host of trim changes, with glossy “Onyx Black” finishes on the ICC and interior highlights. Gloss chrome replaced brushed aluminium on the door handles and lock snib for Fairlane and LTD, and a new “China Beige” leather colour was available, with it now being ruched on the Fairlane. Seatbacks and door bines were also trimmed in suede, and the FPV-style chunky steering wheel was fitted to all three, with the Fairlane and LTD items trimmed in woodgrain. Eight-way power adjustment was added to the Fairlane and G220 drivers seat. Crucially, and I don’t know how Ford got away without fitting these from the beginning, there were tiny little chrome strips added to the air vent direction changers!

Mechanically, from my record the Fairlane and LTD got the G220’s “Sports Control Blade Rear Suspension”.

I've always been tempted for a G220/G8 but the Holden LWB offerings are way better, differentiation between the SWB cars, they look way better. The part that appeals is the Barra 220/230

The last good LWB from Ford Australia was the AU I reckon, the BA/BF are real meh - its like a LWB offering from Ali Express.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 12-12-2023 at 08:56 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: