View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 03:13 PM   #25
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: 10 years since GM announced they would cease making cars in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you about the ZB 'Commodore', I'm pointing out the reason why those particular cars are popular is because of Australian tax payers subsidising Thailand's manufacturing industry - those favorable tax concessions date back further than 10 years also.

My point about EVs is that the moment something else scores exemptions from taxes people will flock to those vehicles too, it doesn't matter if its Thailand Specials/EVs/SUVs et al the market is being interfered with.

Holden's demise started when they switched sourcing cars from Opel to ****boxes from Daewoo to save cents in the dollar - that was the start of the end, because they had nothing worth buying aside from the Commodore.

When was the last time someone saw an Epica or a Captiva on the roads? I haven't seen a single Captiva on Melbourne's roads in over 12 months because they're probably all stacked 10 high at the tip.
I live out in the western suburbs of Melbourne and see heaps of Captiva's on the roads with the odd Epica darting about.

Must be all the shift workers who own them as I see them in the wee hours of early morning.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: