Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2023, 09:56 AM   #2665
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default Re: Mowing ..

Isnt it funny how simplicity changes everything, I've owned 6 Honda mowers now, from a brand new HRU19, to multiple HRU196's and 21's, all of which I've on-sold at a profit untill I was left with a tidy enough HRU19 that I picked up as supposedly siezed (turns out that all it needed was fuel, whereupon it did my back yard before I actually looked at what it needed.... just a service!), and tuesday night I picked up a gem of a HRU194, its seen some use, as evidenced by its nearly smooth wheels, but the deck is in beautiful condition, it even has 99% of the decal on the front edge of the deck, the first part that gets wiped off by long grass!
Started second pull, runs like any Honda does even if the revs seem a bit low, and even with 2 out of the 4 blades it should have, both of them flogged to death, it still did a great job on my back yard :-)

I guess I'll show it some love and give it a service.... might even keep this one!