View Single Post
Old 29-10-2023, 10:18 PM   #2707
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Sister dropped off her 2008 Subaru Impreza RS today. My job is to prepare it for sale. Manual, 140,000km, pretty clean for its age, she’s the second owner. I corrected it 11 years ago, checked out the paint today and it’s not actually that bad. Plan is for a one step with minimal decon as the buyer won’t appreciate it, just need to make it shiny. Needs a deep clean as well. Will do my best to document as I go and share the pics.

She offered it to me for 4k, was tempting to use as a daily for about 5 seconds.
Do you have an all-in-one product, that could be a real time saver.

Believe it or not, I have a gen-3 Forester booked for a pre-sale in a couple of weeks. I'll never get it perfect, but the aim is to get the paint nice and glossy so it presents well for the sale.

While I have some Carpro Essence in stock, I want to try the Uno-Protect + Bead Maker combo. Uno-Protect can be used on varying foam or wool pads depending on what sort of cut you need.

https://sydneytools.com.au/product/r...sh-and-sealant
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ru...32113941184601

The method is to work your way around the car, panel by panel without wiping the residue off. By the time you have worked the last section, the sealant will have bonded on the first, you then mist the panel with Bead Maker and wipe the residue, again, panel by panel.

The Bead Maker aids the removal of the Uno-Protect, while bonding to the sealant and giving a huge increase in gloss. You won't achieve the highest level of correction, but that's not the goal.

In theory, you could do the same with Essence, teamed with EliXir as the wipe off agent.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: