View Single Post
Old 25-10-2023, 06:26 PM   #2704
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Latest article on a topic that I find so fascinating, vehicle decontamination -

https://detailingshed.com.au/blogs/a...inate-your-car

If there is one area of detailing where I have evolved the most in recent years, save for pressure washing, it's the preparation of the paint prior to polishing and the application of an LSP, ie decontamination.

I remember my first uses of a clay bar back in the mid-2000's, a California Gold Clay Bar kit sold at Autobarn.

At the time, I thought that using a clay bar was 100% necessary 100% of the time. When in fact the use of a clay bar is best used on as-needed basis. Truth be told, I never liked using a traditional clay bar, they are hard to manage and just feel all wrong. Naturally, they still have their place on heavier contamination.

But with so many advancements in both chemical and clay technologies, using a lump of clay is increasingly less likely these days. Listening to a chemical expert talking about this subject the other day confirmed my thoughts on the whole decontamination topic. To truly decontaminate your car, you need to tackle the problem from different angles in order to remove each type of contamination effectively and deliver that clean slate to work from.

Hence the topic of the article, exploring a more holistic approach rather than washing the car with a strip wash, rubbing the paint with a clay bar and calling it done.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: