View Single Post
Old 24-10-2023, 02:06 PM   #350
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Good value second hand cars - COVID times, Falcon/Commodore tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Noticing more reduction in prices in the JLR stuff I watch, almost in real-time. 54K nope 52K nope 48K nope how about 46 - these are some dealer asks on Carsales for the F Pace. Early all-alloy RRS (2013 on) similar falls in asks.

Starting to see the VF1 Calais wagon 6's (why would I do it to myself?) go from high 20s to mid/low 20s for low km cars. V8s still above 30.

Rokwiz my young one admits he's missed the boat on mint original tradey XGs. Always liked them myself, drove one on the soft sand on Lancelin back beach with a mate back in the day, it did OK for a beach 4x4. There used to be a dealer on St Georges Tce in Perth up the east end of the CBD where my old man worked, William Wood motors and he'd have all these near-new XG/XH pannellys, it was all he seemed to sell, had a niche I guess. Dad suggested I get one back in the 90's, he reckoned it would be perfect for surfing all around Australia. I had a $2000 HJ Kinga wagon and thought $20,000 for one was a bit ostentatious! Kinda wish I did get one near new, I'd still have it. Column shift and bench seat and open into the back of a van is priceless, you just can't get anything that practical today.
To be honest I would rather that.

The boxy X series Falcon's are nice but the finish compared to a mid 70's Holden wagon or panel van, nah not in the same league. imo.

Patiently waiting for HQ-HZ vans to start falling.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: