View Single Post
Old 20-09-2023, 08:28 PM   #2678
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Ok, a rant. DFB, for the first time in a while I gave some advice today and instantly regretted it.

A "professional detailer" who runs a business wet sanded factory paint on an AU. Checked out his profile, the kid is 20 and running his own detailing business (excellent for a young person). I politely asked him why he wet sanded 23 year old factory paint as the clear will be almost non existent as it is. I then went into my experience with Ford paint and why I would only do it in very controlled circumstances.

I received a smart ass reply saying just because he is young doesn't mean I have more experience than him. Then he took it to PM and said I know nothing about paint correction etc etc etc. Anyway, I didn't even reply again, no point. Told him to keep enjoying wet sanding Ford paint and all the best with his business.

Perfect example of why I don't bother. I'm not a professional, neither are you DFB, but we both have a fair amount of experience. The whole detailing world is unregulated anyway. We could go pro tomorrow simply by opening a business. It's why so many "pro" hacks ruin cars and the great detailing businesses make so much money fixing other peoples stuff ups.

Last edited by fordomatic; 20-09-2023 at 08:37 PM.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: